Monday, April 26, 2010

V is for “five”

Greetings.

Jewish date:  12 ’Iyyar 5770 (Parashath ’Emor).

Today’s holidays:  Day 27 of the ‘Omer (Judaism), Festival of Ridvan (Bahá’í Faith), Monday of the Fourth Week of Easter (Roman Catholicism), Feast Day of St. Jethro Tull (Church of the SubGenius), Universal Ordination Day (Discordianism).

Worthy cause of the day:  “Close the Gun Show Loophole - The Petition Site”.

Topic 1:  The latest episode of V, “We Can't Win”.  (Yes, I know I have to get around to reviewing these things faster.)  This is not a heavily religious episode, but there are two items of note.  The first is that Father Jack uses his position as a priest to get to talk to a person of interest on his deathbed.  (Think last rites.)  The second is that Chad metaphorically calls Anna a god, which certainly fits in the image she works to create for herself.  Anna strongly implies in a retort that if she is a god, Chad is her prophet, which works considering his position as her favored reporter.

Side note:  It has occurred to me that the name of the Visitor opposition group, “Fifth Column”, is extremely appropriate.  After all, the Roman numeral for 5 is V.

Also:  Someone prod me on faster reviewing in general.  I finished The Color of Magic (Discworld Series, book 1) by Terry Pratchett the other day, and I need to start writing up a review on it very soon before I bury what I read under thoughts of the next book in the series, The Light Fantastic.

Topic 2:  Daily dose of anti-Semitism:  “Could Hamas Be Any More Disgusting?”  I really cannot make up anything this lopsided.

Topic 3:  For today’s religious humor:  “devil skwerl”:
Funny Pictures

Peace.

Aaron
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment